Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This Is What You Chose!

FACT: You are where you are in life because this is where you've chosen to be.

Wow. That's another one that really offended me the first time I heard it. How dare this person tell me that I was living in a crappy little house with no money for rent or heat in the winter time and that I'd actually CHOSEN that for myself!

No! I didn't believe that. I had a whole list of reasons for why my life wasn't working.

The government.
My boss.
My landlord.
My negative relatives.
The economy.
Gas prices.
The Democrats
The Republicans

The list went on and on. The only problem was I wasn't on it! I really believed that everyone else had more impact on my life than me! No wonder my life wasn't working! My life was a car going down the road at 90 miles an hour and I was sitting in the passenger's seat waiting for someone to drive!

One day I woke up and realized, "Hmm....no matter what's going on, there's always one person at the scene of the crime....ME!" And that's the day that I realized that I was the one creating my results. No one else.

FACT: Your results in life -- in any area of life -- are a result of your actions and decisions. And those actions and decisions are the result of the thoughts you think.

Take ownership of your thoughts, actions and decisions......and you take control of your life.

Tony Rush

No comments: